Saturday, September 5, 2015

Exciting News!

Hey everyone! (idek who u guys are but if ur reading this hollaaaa)

I have great news to share with all of you. As you would probably know, I'm in my second year of poly, and I study fashion and I aspire to be a fashion journalist.

But I am also incredibly lazy, so out of all the long holidays I have ever had, I have never worked a real job. Except for that one event job as a backstage dresser at a fashion show. So this holiday, I resolved myself to get a job/internship/anything to do, but preferably something that lets me learn or improve skills and make connections, something that would look good on my resumé, and expose me even more to the industry.

I went on internsg.com (its a great website for realsies) and applied for two internships, one as an editorial intern and another as a fashion marketing intern. Only one of them got back to me, and it was the one I coveted the most, which was the editorial internship.

After exchanging a few emails with the lady who posted the ad, we met up for an interview and it was the most nervous I had ever been.

I sat and waited for a whole day stewing over whether or not I had gotten the internship, and I waited for ages, constantly checking and re-checking my email, and trying to distract myself in any way possible. I was honestly terrified that they wouldn't want me because I don't have any experience, and I only had 2 articles and a lousy, school-made LinkedIn to back me up.

And today, I received the confirmation email that I have been accepted to Marie France Asia, an online fashion magazine as their newest editorial intern! I was genuinely so happy and so excited, that I couldn't help but share it with my family and closest friends straight away.

I start on Monday and I'm quivering with excitement. So much that I just had to make this post.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is: oh my god I'm working at a magazine

More updates to come!

Ber


No comments:

Post a Comment